Dates: January 17-19, 2020
This is a very popular campout that includes one of the most sought after and coolest patches. However, we only have 35 patches on order, so first come/first serve.
Please RSVP to me if you plan to attend (email@example.com). Permission forms and payments will be collected prior to the outing.
1) We will leave the church PROMPTLY at 5:30 pm.
2) Be at the church NO LATER than 5:20pm.
- Turn in this PERMISSION FORM and PAYMENT on or before the January 6th meeting.
4) Camp either in a tent (most challenging) or in the cabin (no cots available, bring sleeping pad, limited space). Scouts may need to sleep in a tent, don’t plan on the cabin, be prepared.
5) See attached Winter Camping Guidelines (more info in your Handbooks and the Field Guide).
6) 10 mile hike on Saturday – Bring STURDY hiking boots, day pack, extra socks, and water bottle.
7) Patrols need to plan for three meals:
a. Saturday AM – Breakfast
b. Saturday – Trail Lunch
c. Saturday PM – Dinner
8) We will stop at Young’s Dairy for Breakfast on Sunday morning (BRING $$).
9) We will bring the Troop trailer, but plan for any other equipment your patrol will need.
10) The Camp Birch staff will have us carry our gear back to the camp on foot, so be prepared.
11) We’ll plan to be back to the church as close to 11 a.m. on Sunday as possible and, as usual, scouts will call parents to give them a more accurate ETA as soon as we are close.