Reminder dues are due by October 30th. All invoices have been placed in the mail if not picked up at meeting. Please email Ms. Yonce if you want to use the balance in your scout account to pay your dues. If you do not have a balance in your scout account to use or do not want to use it, please bring your dues to either the October 16th, 23rd or October 30th meetings. If you have any questions/issues with your invoice please let Ms. Yonce know. Likewise, if you do not want to renew as well, please let her know that (Eagle out, no longer involved etc.).
October’s horseback riding outing is a one day, one night outing at Marmon Valley Farms near Zanesfield Ohio, Oct 7-8. Cost of the outing is $45 per Scout, $35 per leader, and any leaders that choose to not participate in the horseback and/or the challenge course check on special pricing.
The itinerary includes the following:
September’s campout will be at Valley Zipline Tours in Lancaster, OH from Sep 8th to 10th.
• Please arrive at Lewis Center United Methodist Church (LCUMC) between 5:00-5:30. We will pack the trailer, take attendance, assign seating, and leave at 6:00pm. So, make sure you’ve eaten dinner beforehand. We will set up camp directly at the zipline site.
• We do not stop for food, so make sure you arrive with a full belly. But not too full because you never know what the bathroom situation is like at camp! (this place has a decent bathroom though)
• Scouts must be dressed in CLASS A uniform going to camp on Friday night and coming home on Sunday morning.
• Assistant Scoutmasters – make sure your patrol has an assigned Grubmaster with a meal plan and well-equipped patrol box.
• When we leave camp on Sunday morning, we will send out a group email on when we expect to be back in Lewis Center.
• IMPORTANT – the pickup location on Sunday is at the OSU Medical Center Carepoint Lewis Center parking lot (corner of Lewis Center Rd and Rt 23), not LCUMC, since we don’t want to interfere with church service.
• Our tour will most likely start at 9:00am, lasting 3 hours.
• In the afternoon, we will head over to Hocking Hills and hike 2 newly opened trails.
• The camp site also has a lake (that we’ll zip over), so bring your fishing gear.
Patrols should plan for the following meals: Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday cold breakfast.
Please be aware of their weight restrictions: 70 lbs. minimum and 250 lb. maximum.
Also, everyone must complete a waiver, which can be found on their website.
Permission form and required waiver are in the troop downloads section.
This is our annual picnic as well as our Sept Court of Honor, set for Sunday, September 17th at 3:30 pm at Mingo Park in Delaware. If your son isn’t getting awards this time around, you will still want to come as this is open for the entire troop and their families.Please make your reservation by Sept 10th at this location:
The final balance owed by each team on Monday, June 26 needs to be turned in at the meeting on Monday, June 19 or you can bring them to the meeting on June 26 and give them to ASM Scheid – he will collect any payments that come in. We must have the balance by this date because we need to mail it to the WWR company before leaving for summer camp on July 1st. They must receive the final payment 30 days before our trip.
Please see the list below of other things that need to be accomplished prior to the trip in order to participate: