The 2018 Winter Sports Camp Out will be at Mad River! This event is open to both experienced skiers and snowboarders as well as beginners. Lessons will be offered for beginners!
• When: February 17th-February 18th
• Arrive at the Church 2/17 @ 8:30 am (Plan to eat a good breakfast before you arrive)
• Load up & Roll Call: 8:45 am
• Depart: 9:00 am for Mad River Mountain
Click to read more »
This is a very popular camp out that includes one of the most sought after and coolest (largest) event patches.
Dates: January 19 – 21, 2018.
1) We will leave the church PROMPTLY at 5:45 pm. on the 19th
2) Be at the church NO LATER than 5:30pm.
3) Camp either in a tent (most challenging) or in the cabin (no cots available, bring sleeping pad)
4) See attached Winter Camping Guidelines (more info in your Handbooks and the Field Guide).
5) 10 mile hike on Saturday – Bring STURDY hiking boots, day pack, extra socks, and water bottle.
6) Patrols need to plan for three meals:
a. Saturday AM – Breakfast
b. Saturday – Trail Lunch
c. Saturday PM – Dinner
7) We will stop at Young’s Dairy for Breakfast on Sunday morning (BRING $$).
8) We will bring the Troop trailer, but plan for any other equipment your patrol will need.
9) The Camp Birch staff may make us carry our gear back to the camp on foot, be prepared.
10) We’ll plan to be back to the church as close to NOON on Sunday as possible and, as usual, will call parents to give them a more accurate ETA as soon as we are close.
11) Permission form can be downloaded in the downloads area
Toop 843 invites all Webelos from our local Cub Scout Packs to come visit our Troop. Our Patrols will each put on skills stations to teach the Webelos a little about what it is to be a Boy Scout, giving you a great opportunity to show how awesome our Troop is! Our scouts will be demonstrating knots, lashings, cooking, first aid, axe yard, camping and fire building. All of the stations are going to be set up outside, so we will “Be Prepared” for whatever weather might be thrown at us. This event will be held at Lewis Center United Methodist Church at 1081 Lewis Center Rd in Lewis Center on Sunday, November 12th from 2pm to 4pm for Webelos; Troop members arrive at 1pm for setup.
Scouts attending the December Shooting Campout will also have the opportunity to complete the Rifle Merit Badge. This is optional, but a great opportunity to pick up another merit badge.
If you are interested in completing this merit badge, you have three tasks:
1. Request a blue card.
2. Attend the campout and while you are there complete the shooting requirements. This includes firing 5 sessions with 5 shots per session. Three of the shots must be grouped close enough together to be covered by a quarter. This is sometimes challenging for scouts to complete this requirement at other opportunities (summer camp, etc.), but we typically have enough time to work with the scouts to accomplish this task.
3. The last part is to complete the merit badge worksheet (pages 1-6) and turn it in. At this time, we will review these answers with the scout to ensure they have a good understanding of the material. The worksheet can be turned in at the campout or anytime afterwards (future Troop Meeting, etc.). Rifle Merit Badge books are available at the scout store or you can check in the troop library. Hint: If you are paying attention at the campout, I am pretty sure you will hear all of the answers at least once or twice…
Reminder dues are due by October 30th. All invoices have been placed in the mail if not picked up at meeting. Please email Ms. Yonce if you want to use the balance in your scout account to pay your dues. If you do not have a balance in your scout account to use or do not want to use it, please bring your dues to either the October 16th, 23rd or October 30th meetings. If you have any questions/issues with your invoice please let Ms. Yonce know. Likewise, if you do not want to renew as well, please let her know that (Eagle out, no longer involved etc.).