Scouts are now preparing for our New Scout Field Days campout on April 20th – 22nd. Each Patrol has had a Skill Station assigned at the last PLC meeting. During the April 2nd and 16th Troop meetings, each patrol will need to finish up making their plans for New Scout Field Day.
These patrol meeting plans should include the following:
- Patrols need to have their New Scout Field Day Skill Stations plans firmed up and ready to go.
- Patrols need to plan their meals to include their New Scout guests for Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday.
The new scouts that have joined this year will arrive on Saturday morning. Check-in will be at 9:00 a.m. We will be camping this year at the Camp Lazarus West Activity Field. The entrance to the West Activity Field is along Chapman Road, not the main entrance off of US 23. Please do not show up at the main entrance, as there will be no one there to meet you!
All other (older) scouts that will be attending will arrive Friday night. Plan to arrive at 6:00 p.m. to start setting up camp.
Scout patrols have lots of activities scheduled for the new Scouts related to completing their Scout rank requirements. The current patrols need to plan for breakfast and lunch dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. The patrols will need to plan on having around 1-2 of the new scouts as their guests for lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. There will be a cooking competition for Saturday’s Dinner. The winning Patrol will be invited to dine with the ASM’s (who eat VERY well) at a future campout.
Cost for the New Scout Field Day camp out will be $10.00 for all Scouts.
A few Quick Notes:
- The permission form for the campout is available for download here. The form will have to be filled out and turned in order for your Scout to attend. We will be accepting forms and payment at each Troop meeting between now and the week of the campout.
- All new Scout parents need to make sure their Scout’s medical form (Parts A & B) and BSA transfer application are filled out and on file and dues paid in order to attend campouts. Medical forms can be downloaded from http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_ABC.pdf
- All new Scout adult leaders (all adults camping with the Troop) need to have their youth protection with the BSA up to date.
Our preliminary schedule will be as follows:
Friday, April 20th
6:00 p.m. – Old scouts and adults will check in and set up camp.
Saturday, April 21st
7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Scouts and adults will have breakfast and prepare for the new Scouts arrival. Complete setting up New Scout Field Day Stations.
9:00 a.m. – Check in for new Scouts.
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon – Senior Patrol Leader will work with new scouts and start the New Scout Field Day activities.
12 noon – 1:00 p.m. – Preparation and Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Continue patrol activities
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Troop Activity (game or hike)
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – How to become an Assistant Scout Master (adults only)
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Patrols prepare for Dinner
6:00 p.m. – Dinner / Patrol Cooking Contest Judging / Troop Committee and special guests invited!
8:00 p.m. – Campfire (skits, songs and more!)
10:00 p.m. – Retire
Sunday, April 22nd
7:00 a.m. – Wake up, breakfast, break up camp.
8:00 a.m. – Scouts Own Service
10:00 a.m. – The Troop will depart after we as a Troop pack all gear and police the camp site. Parents can pick up their scouts at or around 10:00am. Please note that the Troop always functions as a team and we all work together to ensure our campsite is a little better that we found it. Scouts will be dismissed by the SLP as a group once all the work is done.