We are preparing for our New Scout Field Days campout on April 15th – 17th. Each Patrol will have had a Skill Station assigned at the PLC meeting this past Monday. On the March 21st Troop meeting, each patrol will need to start making their plans for New Scout Field Day.
These plans will include the following:
1. Existing patrols need to plan their meals to include their New Scout guests for Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Breakfast on Sunday.
2. Existing patrols need to have their New Scout Field Day Skill Stations plans firmed up and ready to go.
Permission form is available in the file download area.
Additional items to consider – New Scout Field Day Campout April 15th – 17th:
The new scouts that have joined this year will arrive on Saturday morning. Check in will be at 9:00am. We will be camping this year at the Alum Creek Group camping area. For those of you that have not been there the entrance to the group campsite is located on Lewis Center Rd. just north of the main entrance to the beach. This is also the entrance to the marina. When you turn into the entrance from Lewis Center Rd. bare to the left and follow the signs back to the group camp site. It is at the end of the road.
All other scouts that will be attending will arrive Friday night. Plan to arrive at 6:00pm to start setting up camp. This is one of our biggest campouts of the year, and we have a large group of new scouts that crossed over to the Troop this year!
Saturday will be a big day. We have lots of activities scheduled for the boys. The new scouts will work with our existing patrols for meals. The patrols need to plan for breakfast and lunch dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. The patrols will need to plan on having around 2-3 of the new scouts as their guests for lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. There will be a cooking competition for Saturday’s Dinner. The winning Patrol will be invited to dine with the ASM’s (who eat VERY well) at a future campout.
Cost: Cost for the New Scout Field Day camp out will be $15.00 for all Scouts and $10.00 for Adult Leaders that will be attending.
A few Quick Notes:
1. The permission form for the campout is available in our downloads area. The form will have to be filled out and on hand in order for your scout to attend. We will be accepting forms and payment at each Troop meeting between now and the week of the campout.
2. All new scout parents need to make sure their Scout’s medical form and BSA transfer application are filled out and on file and dues paid in order to attend campouts.
3. All new Scout adult leaders (and existing ASMs) need to have their youth protection with the BSA up to date.
Our preliminary schedule will be as follows:
6:00pm Older scouts and adults will check in and set up camp.
7:00am – 10:00am Older scouts and adult will have breakfast and prepare for the new scouts arrival. Set up New Scout Field Day Stations.
9:00am Check in for new scouts.
10:00am – 12:00 Senior Patrol Leader will work with new scouts and start the New Scout Field Day activities.
12:00 – 1:00 Preparation and Lunch
1:00 – 5:00 Continue activities
5:00 – 6:00 Patrols prepare for Dinner
7:00am Wake up, breakfast, break up camp.
10:00am The troop will depart after we as a troop pack all gear and police the camp site. Parent can pick up their scouts at or around 10:00am.