About Troop 843
Troop 843 is a fast-growing troop. Formed in 1994, the troop now boasts more than 70 active Scouts and many registered Scouters. Our Scoutmaster and six other Scouters are Wood Badge trained, and many other adult leaders have completed Scoutmaster Fundamentals courses. The success of the Boy Scout program in the troop is a direct result of the active participation of our Scouts’ parents and adult volunteers in the community, as well as encouraging a truly Boy Led program.
Our active outdoor program includes canoeing, backpacking, camping, rappelling, cycling, hiking and more. A few of our exciting activities:
• Week-long summer camps at Camp Falling Rock near Newark, Ohio; Camp Friedlander near Cincinnati, Ohio; and Chief Logan Reservation near Chillicothe, Ohio, Gerber Scout Reservation near Muskegon, MI.
• Treks to Philmont Scout Ranch
• Treks to BSA Florida Sea Base (2014) and Nothern Tier
• National Jamboree 2001, 2005, and 2010
• Canoe trips on the Mad, Mohican, Little Miami, and Allegheny Rivers
• Backpacking expeditions to Lake Vesuvius, Shawnee State Forest, Zaleski State Forest, Tar Hollow, and Wildcat Hollow in Ohio, and Oil Creek State Park in Pennsylvania
• Horseback adventures
• Caving trips to Blue Spring Caverns and Marengo Caves in Indiana, and Mammoth Cave and Carter Caves in Kentucky
• Bicycle hikes as long as 50 miles on trails throughout Ohio
• Annual participation in the Winter Bushwhack: a January campout and 10-mile hike through John Bryant State Park, Clifton Gorge State Nature Preserve, and Glen Helen Nature Preserve
• Participation in Delaware District and Simon Kenton Council events such as the Spring and Fall Camporees and Winter Klondike Derby.
• Joining in multi-Council events like the annual Scouting Outing at Burr Oak State Park and the Celebration of Flight Camporee at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in 2003 as well as the 100th Anniversary Camporall in 2010
Troop 843 is chartered by the Lewis Center United Methodist Church (LCUMC), located at 1081 Lewis Center Road. The pastor of LCUMC is The Rev. Lynette Decker, and Bruce Baker is our charter organization representative. The troop is strongly committed to serving our charter organization and the community at large.
The Troop meets at LCUMC the first, third and fouth Monday of each month from 7:00 to 8:30 PM. The troop committee and the PLC meet at the church on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM. We welcome and strongly encourage prospective Scouts and their parents to visit any troop or committee meeting.
Lewis Center, Ohio is located in Delaware County, north of Columbus (Ohio’s capitol city) and south of the city of Delaware, just east of State Route 23. Delaware County is the fastest growing county in Ohio and one of the ten fastest growing counties in the entire United States.
For more information, please contact Scoutmaster Chris Tokarz, 740-341-9489 or .
Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Have info the whole troop should know about? Please contact the webmaster at:
Click to load map: