The 2018 Winter Sports Camp Out will be at Mad River! This event is open to both experienced skiers and snowboarders as well as beginners. Lessons will be offered for beginners!
• When: February 17th-February 18th
• Arrive at the Church 2/17 @ 8:30 am (Plan to eat a good breakfast before you arrive)
• Load up & Roll Call: 8:45 am
• Depart: 9:00 am for Mad River Mountain
Click to read more »
This is a very popular camp out that includes one of the most sought after and coolest (largest) event patches.
Dates: January 19 – 21, 2018.
1) We will leave the church PROMPTLY at 5:45 pm. on the 19th
2) Be at the church NO LATER than 5:30pm.
3) Camp either in a tent (most challenging) or in the cabin (no cots available, bring sleeping pad)
4) See attached Winter Camping Guidelines (more info in your Handbooks and the Field Guide).
5) 10 mile hike on Saturday – Bring STURDY hiking boots, day pack, extra socks, and water bottle.
6) Patrols need to plan for three meals:
a. Saturday AM – Breakfast
b. Saturday – Trail Lunch
c. Saturday PM – Dinner
7) We will stop at Young’s Dairy for Breakfast on Sunday morning (BRING $$).
8) We will bring the Troop trailer, but plan for any other equipment your patrol will need.
9) The Camp Birch staff may make us carry our gear back to the camp on foot, be prepared.
10) We’ll plan to be back to the church as close to NOON on Sunday as possible and, as usual, will call parents to give them a more accurate ETA as soon as we are close.
11) Permission form can be downloaded in the downloads area