This is a huge scouting event that only happens once every 4 years: Thunderbase.
This is a camporee. A council wide event open to any cub scout, boy scout, venture scout – hundreds will be attending this year.
There is an opportunity for each scout and parent attending to receive a t-shirt. But for this to happen, you must register by March 31. Due to our meeting schedule in March we only have one more full meeting on March 19. Please print out the form sent via email and also available here for download and bring it and your check for $50 to the meeting on March 19 or make sure to email Mr. Steele your shirt size by March 31 so I can order you a shirt. This order must be in by March 31st.
Parents are strongly encouraged to attend the short fundraiser informational meeting this Monday February 26th at 8 p.m. provided by Chris Sadlicki fundraiser director at Foertmeyer & Sons Greenhouse
Monday February 26th 2018 Kicks off our 3rd annual troop 843 Spring Mother’s Day flower sale Fundraiser campaign! Our goal this year is for each Scout to profit at least $300 to replenish your Scout accounts and be used for camps and activities throughout your scouting career. 100% of all profits are deposited directly into each selling Scouts account. In the past years we have had great success with many Scout being able to fully fund several monthly camps throughout the year and even pay for summer camp in full. (more…)
Our March outing will be over night indoor climbing at Vertical Adventures. Scouts need to be dropped off at 10PM on Friday March 23rd and picked up by 8AM on Saturday March 24th. Scouts need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow. Note, all participants must have completed an online waiver with Vertical Adventures. in addition to the Troop permission form (available for download here). Please do so at the Vertical Adventures website, minors need the on line signature of parent or guardian. Traditionally this has been an outing where you may invite a friend to introduce them to Scouting. Sisters and brothers (if a parent of the Scout is present) have been allowed to attend as well. We encourage ASMs and parents to attend, you will be instructed in belaying and can help us belay Scouts while they climb. Each non-adult participant that climbs has to pay the $35.00 fee and complete permission forms and Vertical Adventures waiver. Please bring your completed permission forms(attached to this email) to one of the regular Troop meetings by March 19th.
The 2018 Winter Sports Camp Out will be at Mad River! This event is open to both experienced skiers and snowboarders as well as beginners. Lessons will be offered for beginners!
• When: February 17th-February 18th
• Arrive at the Church 2/17 @ 8:30 am (Plan to eat a good breakfast before you arrive)
• Load up & Roll Call: 8:45 am
• Depart: 9:00 am for Mad River Mountain
Click to read more »
This is a very popular camp out that includes one of the most sought after and coolest (largest) event patches.
Dates: January 19 – 21, 2018.
1) We will leave the church PROMPTLY at 5:45 pm. on the 19th
2) Be at the church NO LATER than 5:30pm.
3) Camp either in a tent (most challenging) or in the cabin (no cots available, bring sleeping pad)
4) See attached Winter Camping Guidelines (more info in your Handbooks and the Field Guide).
5) 10 mile hike on Saturday – Bring STURDY hiking boots, day pack, extra socks, and water bottle.
6) Patrols need to plan for three meals:
a. Saturday AM – Breakfast
b. Saturday – Trail Lunch
c. Saturday PM – Dinner
7) We will stop at Young’s Dairy for Breakfast on Sunday morning (BRING $$).
8) We will bring the Troop trailer, but plan for any other equipment your patrol will need.
9) The Camp Birch staff may make us carry our gear back to the camp on foot, be prepared.
10) We’ll plan to be back to the church as close to NOON on Sunday as possible and, as usual, will call parents to give them a more accurate ETA as soon as we are close.
11) Permission form can be downloaded in the downloads area