Dates: February 22-23, 2020
This is a very exciting campout that includes the opportunity to learn to snowboard or snow ski. We currently have 25 spots reserved so please send me an email if you would like to participate. We will offer the Winter Sports Merit Badge but please be aware it will likely require more than one day on the hill unless you are an experienced skier or snowboarder.
We will stay at Marmon Valley Farm in heated bunkhouses. We will also have meals provided by Marmon Valley. You may want to bring some snack money for Mad River Mountain.
Cost: See form attached. If you already have all your equipment and season lift ticket please contact me and I will help you with pricing.
Please RSVP to Ryan Long if you plan to attend. Permission forms and payments will be collected prior to the outing.
- We will leave the church PROMPTLY at 8:00 am.
- Be at the church NO LATER than 7:30 am.
- Turn in this PERMISSION FORM and PAYMENT on or before the February 3rd meeting.
- Camp in cabins (bunks available, bring sleeping bag).
- Dress in layers for cold weather and bring good socks for inside ski boots.
- Marmon Valley will provide three meals:
- Saturday Sack Lunch
- Saturday PM Dinner
- Sunday AM – Breakfast
- If you have special dietary requirements or allergies please let me know so Marmon Valley can accommodate your needs.
- If you would like a snack at Mad River Mountain (BRING $$).
- We will not be bringing the Troop trailer, please pack light but ensure you have warm clothes, hat, gloves, warm socks.
- We’ll plan to be back to the OSU Medical Center as close to 11 a.m. on Sunday as possible and, as usual, scouts will call parents to give them a more accurate ETA as soon as we are close.