The every-popular campout will be held January 8-10 at John Bryan State Park in Yellow Springs, OH. Cost is $25.
1. Camp either in a tent (most challenging) or in the cabin (my be colder than a tent). The cabin will be available for treatment of hypothermia.
2. See attached Winter Camping Guidelines (more info in your Handbooks and the Field Guide).
3. 10 mile hike on Saturday – Bring STURDY hiking boots and a hiking staff.
4. Patrol method.
5. You need to plan for three meals:
a. Saturday AM – Breakfast
b. Saturday – Trail Lunch
c. Saturday PM – Dinner
d. We will stop at Wendy’s for dinner on Friday evening (bring $).
e. We will stop at Young’s Dairy for Breakfast on Sunday morning (bring $).
f. Bring money for these two food stops.
9. We will bring the Troop trailer, but plan for any other equipment your patrol will need.
10. Often, the Camp Birch staff makes us carry our gear back to the camp on foot, be prepared.
11. Permission form can be downloaded in the downloads area